[jdom-interest] Planning for JDOM 2.1.x

Rolf Lear jdom at tuis.net
Mon Apr 29 05:37:54 PDT 2013

Hi all.

An update to the JDOM 2.1.x process is as follows...
JDOM 2.0.x has been branched off from the master branch in GitHub (it
has been branched for a while). Essentially JDOM 2.0.x versions are now
in maintenance mode (fully supported still, but no new features).
The 'master' branch in GitHub contains the work going in to the future
JDOM 2.1.x release stream.

Currently the list of items scheduled for inclusion to JDOM 2.1.x are:
  - improved StAX support
  - extended XPath API that allows for 'indexed' JDOM Documents that in
turn will allow for improved XPath performance
  - use Iterable<...> inputs to many of the bulk methods ( like
addAll(Iterable<? extends Content> content) ) which makes JDOM more
friendly in some cases
  - NamespaceStack has been updated with some new query methods, and one
new 'push' method.
  - native support for Saxon 9.5 HE (just released) -> faster XPAths, as
well as faster XSLT and extended support for XPath 2.0, etc.

These items are all already committed to the master branch, or are in a
partially implemented state.

I expect to be releasing a Beta version of 2.1.x in a few weeks, but I
am looking for people to test the code too.

If anyone has an interest in being more involved in the planning and
implementation of these items, please speak up.

Thanks

Rolf