[jdom-interest] Java 8 streaming API
jdom at tuis.net
Thu Apr 9 05:12:05 PDT 2015
An issue has been recently raised in github which has added some impetus
to my thoughts about whether JDOM 2.1 should be released with Streaming
API support built in to it.
The issue is a feature request that is only partly-related to streams,
but there is a connection: https://github.com/hunterhacker/jdom/issues/145
Note that the specific feature could be solved with other tools than
JDOM, like dom4j, raw SAX, etc, but a JDOM solution would be convenient.
This e-mail is a poll-request:
- is anyone using JDOM in Java 8 and is finding the lack of a streaming
- if there was a streaming API, how would you use it?
- is it feasible for JDOM 2.1 to have a baseline minimum supported JRE
of version 8?
This would mean:
1. ongoing support for the existing backward-compatible JDOM 2.0.x code base
2. backward-compatible 2.1.x series
More information about the jdom-interest