[jdom-interest] Namespace patch

Jason Hunter jhunter at collab.net
Tue Aug 29 09:27:22 PDT 2000

> >  Is there a list of "outstanding submissions" anywhere, so it would
> >be easier to avoid duplicating work? I couldn't find one on jdom.org (either
> >www. or cvs.).
> >

> Unfortunately no. There aren't that many active submitters. Mostly we
> just all try to pay attention to whose said they're going to do what
> on the mailing list.  And generally before I start major work on
> something, I toss out a quick feeler to the list to see if anybody
> else is already working on it, and to make sure that what I want to
> do actually makes sense. That's saved me  from unnecessary work a
> couple of times. It's all pretty informal.

I keep the TODO.txt file in the root of the core up to date with
outstanding issues.  Where someone has signed up to "own" the issue I
try to put their email next to the item.  Unsolicited submissions that
correspond to unknown issues (like Bob's namespace work) sometimes queue
up in my inbox for a while before making it into the file, as we all
debate the action to take.  If we figure out a correct action then I add
"do foo" and if not I say "figure out foo".  :-)