[jdom-interest] Troubles building JDOM version

philip.nelson at omniresources.com philip.nelson at omniresources.com
Fri Jul 14 08:36:34 PDT 2000

hmm... it does seem like a version problem though.  There is in fact a
getPublicId() method in that class.  I remember seeing this error too and it
was because I had a different xml jar in my class path before the one that
jdom expected.  Could you have some xml packages in your lib/ext directory?

> I am new to JDOM and seem to be having some difficulties.  I pulled down
> the jdom-05jun2000-src.tar.gz and had problems building the source The
> exact error is:

<snip>

/home/ryano/download/jdom-june-05/jdom/build/src/org/jdom/input/DOMBuilder.j
ava:316:
> Method getPublicId() not found in interface org.w3c.dom.DocumentType.
>                 String publicID = domDocType.getPublicId();
>                                                         ^

/home/ryano/download/jdom-june-05/jdom/build/src/org/jdom/input/DOMBuilder.j
ava:317: