AW: [jdom-interest] org.jdom.Namespace not implementing Serializa ble?

Peterbauer Karl Peterbau at kapsch.net
Fri Jul 21 02:42:27 PDT 2000

Please note that the 64k string limit has been eliminated in Sun's JDK 1.3, at least they claim to, see http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/guide/rmi/relnotes.html
(Clearly this is no solution if you have older or other VM's out in the field...)

Personally I would appreciate that any Object (Document, Element) which implements java.io.Serializable can in fact be serialized ;-)
In case of RMI, passing a Document as String clearly undermines the goal of RMI, and if the client is an Applet, it has to load yet another jar....

-Karl