[jdom-interest] JDOM & XSLT

Brett McLaughlin brett.mclaughlin at lutris.com
Fri Jul 28 12:27:09 PDT 2000

"Bo Wang (Borders Online)" wrote:

> Hi all:
>
> I'm a newcomer to JDOM and got some simple (silly) questions here. As Bret
> noted in early CDATA discussion, to create the following page,
>
> <Title> <b> Integration </b> </Title>
>
> I just need to
>
> Element title = new Element("Title").setContent("<b> Integration </b>");

You could do:

Element bold = new Element("b").setContent(" Integration ");
Element title = new Element("Title").addChild(bold);

(Note that methods names are changing, so this is the old way).

As for just putting the HTML in inline, maybe we do need to think about
CDATA, guys?

-Brett

> I got the following escaped xml file using XMLOutputter:
>
>   <Title>&lt;b&gt; Integration &lt;/b&gt;</Title>
>
> and I use org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process to simply transform this xml and
> got:
>
>   <Title>&lt;b&gt; Integration &lt;/b&gt;</Title>
>
> This is not what I want:   <Title><b> Integration </b></Title>
> How can I make this JDOM generated xml into real html file I want? Thanks a
> lot!
>
> --bo

Brett McLaughlin, Enhydra Strategist
Lutris Technologies, Inc.