[jdom-interest] Interfaces

Tom Bradford bradford at dbxmlgroup.com
Thu Nov 30 00:13:32 PST 2000

Hello,

Are there any plans to break the JDOM classes into separate interfaces
and impl classes?  The reason that I ask this is because at some point
in the future, we may want to provide JDOM support in dbXML.  The only
clean way to create a compatible JDOM implementation while utilizing
dbXML's compressed DOM would be to implement against interfaces.

Having to override everything is just sloppy and I'd like to avoid it if
at all possible.  We could use the DOM Adapter, but it looks like that
would completely traverse the DOM to produce a JDOM graph, which defeats
the purpose of our compressed DOM since it incrementally decompresses
only those nodes that are being requested.

Any ideas?  When the time comes for us to do our implementation, I
wouldn't be against contributing the work myself.

--
Tom Bradford
Chief Software Architect