[jdom-interest] XMLOutputter documentation doesn't match the code.

Brad Morgan Brad.Morgan at e-pubcorp.com
Fri Sep 1 12:57:59 PDT 2000

I guess I'm a bit confused.  I'm behind a firewall so the command line CVS
doesn't work for me.

I go to the Web interface and it claims to build archives every night at
00:00 UTC and if I drill down to XMLOutputter.java it claims the file is 9
days old so the archive I downloaded yesterday should be up to date.

Just for fun I downloaded the "latest" XMLOutputter.java again today and now
I get the following error.  What's going on?

D:\Jdom>build
JDOM Build System
-------------------
Building with classpath
D:\JDK1.3\lib\tools.jar;.\lib\xerces.jar;.\lib\ant.jar;
Starting Ant...
Buildfile: build.xml
Project base dir set to: D:\Jdom
Executing Target: init
----------- JDOM 1.0beta4 [2000] ------------
Executing Target: prepare
Executing Target: prepare-src
Copying 1 files to D:\Jdom\build\src
Executing Target: compile
Compiling 1 source files to D:\Jdom\build\classes
D:\Jdom\build\src\org\jdom\output\XMLOutputter.java:402: No variable
XML_NAMESPA
CE defined in class org.jdom.Namespace.
            (ns != Namespace.XML_NAMESPACE) &&
                            ^
D:\Jdom\build\src\org\jdom\output\XMLOutputter.java:514: No variable
XML_NAMESPA
CE defined in class org.jdom.Namespace.
                (ns != Namespace.XML_NAMESPACE) &&
                                ^
2 errors
BUILD FATAL ERROR: Compile failed, messages should have been provided.
D:\Jdom>

Brad Morgan
e-Publishing Corp.

Email: Brad.Morgan at e-pubcorp.com
Phone: (719)593-7377 x35
Fax: (719)593-2996

e-Publishing Corp. is a BroadVision company
NOTICE: This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee and may
contain information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL. If you are not the
intended recipient, dissemination of this communication is prohibited. If
you have received this communication in error, please erase all copies of
the message and its attachments and notify us immediately.