[jdom-interest] insertChild in Element

Jason Hunter jhunter at collab.net
Fri Sep 1 00:44:50 PDT 2000

>         I agree that the getting functions should stay, since they have no
> useful equivilents in the List API, but the addContent/removeContent
> functions do have equivilents in the List API

No they don't.  The List API has no easy way to say "remove all elements
with the name 'foo'".  Things like that which are fairly common we have
convenience methods for.  The addContent() we need so you can do easy
method chaining.

> (and the add functions of the
> PartialList can be changed or overloaded so they only accept JDOM nodes,

You can't overload a method that takes Object to accept only JDOM nodes.