[jdom-interest] Accessing Child Elements

Jason Hunter jhunter at collab.net
Wed Sep 6 14:34:53 PDT 2000

> Element.getNamespace() should tell you what namespace an element is
> _currently_ in, a new method is needed to query the namespace an
> element was explicitly declared in.

That's similar to how we started off with JDOM, but it was successfully
argued that an element's namespace is an intrinsic part of that element,
just as a Java class' namespace is a part of that class.  As such the
namespace should be held with the class during moves between documents
and moves within a document, and not "inherited" depending on where it's
placed.