[jdom-interest] DOMOutputter API change

Jason Hunter jhunter at collab.net
Fri Sep 8 20:03:28 PDT 2000

Hi everyone,

I just checked in an enhancement to DOMOutputter that adds an

Attr DOMOutputter.output(Attribute)

method thanks to Yusuf Goolamabbas.  It's prob not as generally useful
as the versions taking Document and Element but theoretically could come
in handy.  I'm interested in your opinion on whether it should remain,
and furthermore if we should have PI, Comment, and CDATA output()
methods as well to be consistent?

BIG NOTE:  As part of this I also changed the output() methods so they
now throw JDOMException in case of problems.  This is INCOMPATIBLE with
the old signature that threw no exceptions (just printed the stack
trace, not the right thing for a library to do), so make sure to update
any code using DOMOutputter if you're tracking the daily progress.