[jdom-interest] No namespaces for attributes without prefix

Galluzzo, Eric EGalluzzo at synchrony.net
Tue Sep 12 15:08:01 PDT 2000

When SAXBuilder (latest, from CVS) builds a document, it appears that the
attributes are created in the wrong namespace.  For example, in the
following (very small) document:

<foo:bar xmlns:foo="http://www.foo.com/" glurp="howdy"/>

the "glurp" attribute would be considered part of the default namespace,
whereas it should actually be part of the foo namespace.  The "foo:" prefix
is implied by the element itself being in the "foo" namespace.

I can easily supply a patch that fixes this, but I just want to make sure
that it is in fact broken before I do so -- since it used to work correctly,
a month or two ago (we just switched to the latest CVS version). :)

    - Eric

--
Eric Galluzzo   <><
Product Engineer