[jdom-interest] Validation using schemas, how?

Scott Ellsworth scott at alodar.com
Tue Sep 12 15:29:59 PDT 2000

At 05:14 PM 9/12/2000 -0400, Christophe D. Laprun wrote:
>Jason Hunter wrote:
> > > I also struggled with namespaces and I found that in SAXBuilder
> > > the fact
> > > that the "namespaces" feature is hardwired to false prevents
> > > correct handling of schemas. Setting the property to true seemed to
> > > solve the problem.
> > >
> > > This is an issue that I brought to the list but no one answered.
> > > Why is this property hardwired to false ?
> >
> > Because JDOM does its own namespace handling, which allows namespaces
> > and validation to work at the same time.
>
>How come then that I had to change the "namespaces" feature to true to
>be able to have my schemas validated and accepted by JDOM ? More
>generally, what consequences does it have on the rest of JDOM ?

Travers Walker ran into the same thing - if he turns the namespace goodies
back on for his xerces project, then validation takes place with his
schema.  If it is off, as it is for default jdom, then xml schema are
ignored in the validation process.

I have encouraged him to post the details to the list.

Scott
Scott Ellsworth
scott at alodar.com