[jdom-interest] getChildren() vs getElements()

Peter V. Gadjokov pvg at c-c-s.com
Fri Sep 15 21:50:53 PDT 2000

> No less daunting than your single paragraph internal debates.  :-)

Hey at least I'm not invoking Zen or the Quality-Without-A-Name :)

But point taken, I'll try to make my spewage more brief and structured. What
I was suggesting was  -

- Move away from the 'tree-of-everything' model
- Adopt a 'tree-of-elements' model
- change the API to reflect this
	- children/parent stay and make sense and are about Elements
	- content (as a collection of everything
        in an element) becomes superfluous and is removed
- change the implementation to reflect this
	- less PartialList, more type-specific containers

That's all.

-pvg