[jdom-interest] A plea for the orphans

Jason Hunter jhunter at collab.net
Sat Sep 16 14:13:11 PDT 2000

> I'd like to see Attribute, Comment, Processing Instruction, and
> possible Entity contain a member, Element parent, with getParent()

This was proposed before by Bob to support XPath.  I seem to recall he
had started to work on implementing it.  I could dig the archives, but
it's Saturday and phooey.  :-)

A problem with this is that our String representation of text can't have
a getParent() and that's a bit unfortunate but not (imho) unfortunate
enough to switch to having a Text class.