[jdom-interest] Bypassing Fetching DTD on JDom

philip.nelson at omniresources.com philip.nelson at omniresources.com
Fri Sep 29 05:46:32 PDT 2000

> Sorry I tought that SAX in Jdom is just like jaxpi and is event based.
> Anyhow I used SAXBuilder instead of DOMBuilder but my problem
> is still exists
> and
> SAXBuilder spend a ling time to fetching DTD like DOMBuilder.

I should have given this a little more thought.  Yes it is the underlying
parser that is fetching the systemid.  No, the validate setting probably
doesn't matter because dtd's could have entity declarations which are used
regardless of whether the document is validated.  I didn't take the time to
see if there was any other feature of the underlying parser to help with
this but I doubt it because it wouldn't make sense for it attempt to do
that.  If the dtd had an entity declared and the document used the entity,
NOT processing the systemid would make the document parse fail.

Perhaps someone else can speak to this but I think you are going to have to
either change the system id to a file url when you are offline or not use
the document while offline.