[jdom-interest] META: Children of a lesser spec

Jason Hunter jhunter at collab.net
Fri Sep 29 17:47:44 PDT 2000

> Jason, I completely agree with your reasoning in this message.  I even
> feel (strongly) that getChild() is better than getChildElement().

OK, so I have a +1 if I can get rid of the third party candidate.  :-)

> But why do you refuse to acknowledge the third option, getElement()?

Because I don't like elt.getElement("foo").getElement("bar").  It's too
ambiguous.  I wouldn't like str.getString() either, or obj.getObject().

> This project needs a third-party candidate!  For too long we have
> suffered with the false choice between Brettocrats and Huntericans.

Go Nader, eh?

> OK, back to taking a nap.

You need a job, Alex.  Barring that, we need you to do more JDOM work!
Keep up with the patches!  :-)