[jdom-interest] beta5 comments

Alex Chaffee guru at edamame.stinky.com
Fri Sep 29 19:32:03 PDT 2000

> Alex says he didn't do real testing, so we're waiting a little on
> integration until someone gives it a run-through

I tested it (successfully) a bit on my side, and I didn't change the
logic of output(Document) -- just refactored.  Maybe it'd be better to
put it in, then let people complain if it breaks -- the tried-and-true
Apache method. :-)

I thought of a case this morning (in the shower, actually) where I'll
need to test, but it's when calling public printElement() directly on
an element some of whose children use the same namespace as the
parent, which I think at present will, um, I'm not sure actually what
it would do, or what it should do either, which is one reason I
haven't tested it.  I'm not really clear on what the namespaceStack is
for precisely... (other than storing namespaces :-)) or how/whether to
look *up* the node tree for a namespace declaration if we're
outputting a child element with an unknown namespace...

 - A

Alex Chaffee                       mailto:alex at jguru.com