[jdom-interest] progressive parsing/minimizing memory footprint

Cem Karan Cem.Karan at usa.alcatel.com
Tue Apr 10 06:45:58 PDT 2001

I tried looking through the FAQ and the documents, but I didn't see
anything about this.  I'm using JDom to work on an XML based database in
memory.  The problem is that when the whole database is loaded into
memory, it takes about 107 Mb of RAM.  And I havn't even started
processing yet (and my processing touches every single Element in the
Document).  Is there a way to get all the benefits of JDom in a low
memory footprint?  I know that the SAX is supposed to do this, but I'm
not sure if JDom automatically does this when it is using SAX.  By the
way, I'm using JDom 6, with all of the default libraries and such.

Thanks,
Cem