[jdom-interest] Re: need help, namespace and XML

philip.nelson at omniresources.com philip.nelson at omniresources.com
Mon Apr 23 19:56:43 PDT 2001

> One way to work around it, and maybe even bring your docs into
> namespace-awareness, is to define a namespace and associate
> it with the dc
> prefix:
>
> <root xmlns:dc="http://www.foo.com">
>
> Then you could just deal with elements by their local name
> (Description) and
> the namespace URI (http://www.foo.com)
>
> I'm wondering, and copying the JDOM list, if there should be
> any way to turn
> this off, as some people have your use-case.
>
> Anyone?

There is no great way to do this other than a property setting or static
property setter.  The checks are done in the static Verifier class so there
is not an easy way to do this without it working that way for all uses
within the JVM instance.  I would think that would make it undesirable as a
general feature.  How often does this come up I wonder?