[jdom-interest] SAXHandler's Stack to be protected ?

Joseph Bowbeer jozart at csi.com
Mon Aug 20 22:43:07 PDT 2001

Paul Libbrecht writes:

> De-private-ising the stack member (or having a "currentElement"
> accessor) would allow me to stick to this very economic philosophy.

Just keep in mind, as more of the implementation is exposed, that JSR-102 is
not just an implementation, but also a specification.  That is, a subclass
that conforms to the specification should interoperate with any
implementation.

(I've also suggested that an object serialized in one implementation should
deserialize in another implementation, but since SAXHandler isn't
Serializable, that's neither here nor there.)