[jdom-interest] Speed!? JDOM vs DOM

Gary Bentley gb at opengroup.org
Tue Mar 6 07:23:45 PST 2001

I've found that once the classes are loaded into the VM it then takes next
to no time to load another file...

I've had a 15K file parsed and converted to a Document in 30
milliseconds...I couldn't believe it so I put it into a loop and re-loaded
it a couple of hundred times...

I am using the default Crimson parser (JDOM 6), it's smaller and seemingly
faster than the xerces parser.

Actually does anyone have any figures on size of XML file as opposed to
conversion to Document time?

G.