[jdom-interest] jdom serialization - is it the best way to go ?

philip.nelson at omniresources.com philip.nelson at omniresources.com
Sun Mar 25 10:51:22 PST 2001

> We are using jdom to manage our xml and looking for the best
> way to send the
> data around - the quickest seems to be by serializing the
> jdom object - as
> opposed to SAX/DOM parsing of XML text.
>
> Although even this is quite slow.
>
> I am just looking for some "real-world" feedback on what
> others have found
> works...
>
> We are almost considering writing our own, to ensure we get adequate
> speed....

Whoa, scary legal stuff ;^)

This has been discussed pretty heavily in the past.  There is not widespread
agreement on the *best* way to do it but it's pretty clear that the
*fastest* way to perform it would be to write a custom
serialization/deserialization method.  Many of the discussions about where
JDOM fits into your program affect this as well.