[jdom-interest] [Fwd: how does Electric XML compare against J DOM?]

philip.nelson at omniresources.com philip.nelson at omniresources.com
Sun Mar 25 12:31:17 PST 2001

> One thing that I like that Electric XML does is a getChildren("XPATH
> EXPR");
> I know that there is a way to do XPath in JDOM, using the stuff in
> contrib, I just find the integration with Element (or Node,
> or Child, or
> whatever he is calling it) to be powerful and intuitive.

This would be a great feature and I remember it was discussed as the xpath
project was launched.  I like this feature in IBM's XML Master project on
Alphaworks.  It does come with a price though.  Every string has to be
parsed to determine if it's an xpath expression or just a name or whatever
else it may be based on the signature.

Bob, pardon me if you have thouroughly covered this but in the future (xpath
is listed as a JDOM 1.1 feature) would getChildren(XPath) be likely?