[jdom-interest] [Fwd: how does Electric XML compare against JDOM?]

Matthew MacKenzie matt at xmlglobal.com
Sun Mar 25 15:01:25 PST 2001

Would it not be reasonable to only evaluate the XPath expression if the
String didn't appear as an Element name?  At any rate, there is probably
an elegant way to allow XPath expressions in getChildren().  It would
probably be ugly to do getChildren(new XPath("foo[bar = \"...\"]"), but
its an option.

The other problem with having the XPath-capable signature the same as
the standard getChildren() is the subject of reporting problems with the
XPath.  It would be annoying (IMO) to have a try/catch everywhere I call
getChildren().

-Matt