[jdom-interest] JDOM JSR

Jason Hunter jhunter at collab.net
Wed May 16 12:13:18 PDT 2001

> My impression from working with both JDOM and dom4j is that dom4j
> is at least as far along as JDOM,

dom4j is a fork of JDOM, started by James Strachan because he wanted an
interface-based model with factories for object creation, while Brett
and I (and the majority of people here we believe) didn't want that
complexity.  It used to be called JDOM+ until we pointed out that
violated the JDOM license.  James has added some interesting stuff on
the periphery like event-based building, which I'd like to see added to
JDOM.