[jdom-interest] JDOM JSR

Dennis Sosnoski dms at sosnoski.com
Wed May 16 11:48:15 PDT 2001

My impression from working with both JDOM and dom4j is that dom4j is at least as
far along as JDOM, despite the shorter amount of time it's been in existance. It
also has some real structural advantages, such as being designed to allow a
standard DOM interface in parallel with the Java-specific implementation, and the
work that's been done to allow handling of streamed data or documents too big to
fit into memory - this is a requirement I've seen come up several times on this
mailing list.

As far as the political issue goes, in my experience it's always a mistake to get
personalities involved in technology. This leads to such atrocities as BASIC being
used as a web programming language. <g>

  - Dennis