[jdom-interest] JDOM problem with JDK 1.4Beta2

Glenn Rowe growe at computing.dundee.ac.uk
Tue Nov 27 09:33:58 PST 2001

Hi - I feel this must be a FAQ, but couldn't find anything in the
archives, so here goes...

I've just downloaded JDOM and tried to run the sample program
SAXBuilderDemo.java, that comes with the JDOM release.
If I compile and run it using JDK 1.3.1 (on Windows 2000)
everything works fine, so I must have the classpath set up properly.

The command line that I used was:

java SAXBuilderDemo web.xml

where "web.xml" was an XML file that was in the samples directory.

However, if I use JDK1.4 Beta2, I get the following error message
(below). I have tried rebuilding jdom.jar using JDK1.4 but the
same error still occurs. Is this a known problem, and is there a
workaround? Thanks.

Unexpected Signal : EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION occurred at PC=0x6D35CEF5
Function=[Unknown.]
Library=d:\jdk1.4Beta2\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll

NOTE: We are unable to locate the function name symbol for the error
      just occurred. Please refer to release documentation for possible
      reason and solutions.

Current Java thread:
        at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Native Method)
        - locked <0323A070> (a java.lang.AbstractMethodError)
        at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:183)
        at java.lang.Error.<init>(Error.java:40)
        at java.lang.LinkageError.<init>(LinkageError.java:29)
        at
java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError.<init>(IncompatibleClassChange
Error.java:29)
        at
java.lang.AbstractMethodError.<init>(AbstractMethodError.java:30)

****************
Another exception has been detected while we were handling last error.
Dumping information about last error:
ERROR REPORT FILE = (N/A)
PC                = 0x6D35CEF5
SIGNAL            = -1073741819
FUNCTION NAME     = (N/A)
OFFSET            = 0xFFFFFFFF
LIBRARY NAME      = d:\jdk1.4Beta2\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll
Please check ERROR REPORT FILE for further information, if there is any.
Good bye.