[jdom-interest] Full Infoset support?

Jason Hunter jhunter at acm.org
Fri Sep 7 15:49:08 PDT 2001

There may be aspects of the infoset that we don't want to implement.
For example, iirc, infoset has the notion that the DocType is a node in
the document with a location in the tree.  JDOM has the more
common-sensical notion that the DocType is simply an attribute of the
Document and on output resides wherever it's placed, generally at the
beginning of the output stream.

I think infoset compatibility is desirable where possible, but full
compatibility may need to be sacrified for ease of use.  Maybe not.
It'd be interesting to see the delta we have.  And it'd be good to
discuss what benefit "infoset compatible" provides.

-jh-