[jdom-interest] Next JDOM evolution

Elliotte Rusty Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Fri Apr 5 16:49:52 PST 2002

At 5:23 PM -0800 4/1/02, Jason Hunter wrote:

>True, if you're a power user used to doing iterations of raw content,
>you'll need to look for Text now and not String.

I'm not sure this really qualifies as a power user feature. I just
went through my intro JDOM notes to update them to Beta 8 and a lot
of my examples use instanceof and do iterations of raw content.
Almost any tree-walking code seems likely to encounter this.

Once again, the lack of a Node interface rears its head. I keep
finding that half the time JDOM is insufficiently polymorphic for me
(no common node interface) or too polymorphic (everything's an
object). I really miss DOM's middle ground.

|             http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/bible2/              |