[jdom-interest] Next JDOM evolution

Bradley S. Huffman hip at a.cs.okstate.edu
Fri Apr 5 17:48:47 PST 2002

Elliotte Rusty Harold writes:

> At 5:23 PM -0800 4/1/02, Jason Hunter wrote:
>
> >True, if you're a power user used to doing iterations of raw content,
> >you'll need to look for Text now and not String.
> >

> I'm not sure this really qualifies as a power user feature. I just
> went through my intro JDOM notes to update them to Beta 8 and a lot
> of my examples use instanceof and do iterations of raw content.
> Almost any tree-walking code seems likely to encounter this.
>
> Once again, the lack of a Node interface rears its head. I keep
> finding that half the time JDOM is insufficiently polymorphic for me
> (no common node interface) or too polymorphic (everything's an
> object). I really miss DOM's middle ground.

I've been playing with a Node interface from the premise that you should
be able to add, remove, replace, and traverse without knowing the
specific instance. Looks promising. After I get the bugs worked out
(hopefully within the next week), I'll zip up the files and make them
available for every to try and give their opinions.

Brad