[jdom-interest] Xerces Error ? But not using Xerces

tobias.kaempf at web.de tobias.kaempf at web.de
Tue Apr 9 05:24:16 PDT 2002

Hello,

I'm having some Problems with JDOM.
While using an Applet that uses JDOM I experienced an Error.
This Error occures today, but I had written and tried the Applet the whole last week, and there the Error wasn't coming up.
Here's the Error StackTrace :

org.jdom.JDOMException: Error in building: SAX2 driver class org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser not found: Unexpected InvocationTargetException
	at org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder.build(SAXBuilder.java:373)
	at org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder.build(SAXBuilder.java:740)
	at bscaccess.AccessApplet.hasRight(AccessApplet.java:48)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Unexpected InvocationTargetException
	at org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLReaderFactory.createXMLReader(XMLReaderFactory.java:121)
	at org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder.createParser(SAXBuilder.java:477)
	at org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder.build(SAXBuilder.java:335)
	at org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder.build(SAXBuilder.java:740)
	at bscaccess.AccessApplet.hasRight(AccessApplet.java:48)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Unexpected InvocationTargetException
	at org.xml.sax.helpers.NewInstance.newInstance(NewInstance.java:58)
	at org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLReaderFactory.createXMLReader(XMLReaderFactory.java:119)
	at org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder.createParser(SAXBuilder.java:477)
	at org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder.build(SAXBuilder.java:335)
	at org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder.build(SAXBuilder.java:740)
	at bscaccess.AccessApplet.hasRight(AccessApplet.java:48)

And now something to my Applet :
I'm using the Crimson Parser ( latest Version from the Web ),
including the crimson.jar in the Applet-Tag.
I'm not using the Xerces in the Developing Process, nor is the xerces.jar anywhere on the Server, where the Applet is located.
In the Code there is no use of any Xerces Code.

On my Machine I had the JavaRunTime 1.3.1 where the Error occured.
Tested it with a Machine where the 1.4 Runtime was installed it works perfectly.
Last week it worked perfectly on the 1.3.1 Machine also and I had changed nothing in the Code.

PLEASE HELP, I have no Idea what this Error could be.

Thanks
Tobias ( German Student and Developer )