[jdom-interest] Re: get version info

Jon Baer jonbaer at digitalanywhere.com
Thu Mar 7 13:04:53 PST 2002

Look in the /package directory of your JDOM ... you don't really need much
except if you see /META-INF/info.xml that contain's the info, so all the jars
like Ant, etc would need an XML parser, JDOM just assumes you already have
one if you are using it, but Im sure an About.class would be nice for other
things.  It's probably just a design decision to create a Main.class or
About.class with your package.

All you basically need to do is not set it inside a named package:

About.class
com.mypackage.MyClass.class

Then when you run java -jar mylib.jar About ...

You can run main(String[] args) and just return a static version string or
some other info output.

- Jon