[jdom-interest] Internal DTD subset verification

Philip Nelson panmanphil at yahoo.com
Thu May 9 07:50:13 PDT 2002

> At this point the big problem I personally see with JDOM is the lack of
> a stable API. Performance gains would be nice but probably aren't the
> deciding factor for most people

If this is true, I would drop my objections.  But is it true?  I'm curious, if
jdom matched xerces DOM, would people choose it?  If it was slightly slower or
memory intensive?  Faster?

I have to admit to having been swayed somewhat.  Right now, people who use xml
are pretty familiar with it, at least in comparison to how it will be when in
the future, developers rely more on higher level tools than they do now.  Down
the road, xml may well be much less significant to developers, and that's a
good thing.  And then Elliotte will be right, they will assume that the
document is either well formed, well formed and validated against a dtd or
against a schema.