[jdom-interest] SubDocuments

andres march at andres.ws
Thu May 16 09:01:12 PDT 2002

I have inherited a system that uses JDOM documents for the navigation.
 I am trying to upgrade to b8 but the way we use the documents is an
issue.  Is it possible in b8 to use an Element from an existing Document
to create a new Document?  Anybody know why this worked in b6 and, I
think, b7?  I would like to be using this library correctly but I also
don't want to rewrite my entire navigation subsystem.  The error that
occurs from when I do:

new Document(anElementFromAnotherDocument);

is of course that it already has an existing parent.

Basically, navigation is determined by an "activity" xml and each
element directly under the root is a Tab in the GUI.  When a Tab is
clicked the navigator takes the Tab Element and creates a new Document
that becomes the navigation for the GUI.