[jdom-interest] collections

Jason Hunter jhunter at servlets.com
Fri May 24 17:51:02 PDT 2002

Hmm, I don't really like the idea of fully qualifying all collections
classes in the src when the only gain is that it lets you build for JDK
1.1 under JDK 1.2 or later.  It seems reasonable if you want a custom
JDK 1.1 build from CVS you can get such a compiler.

Mike, I presume you're hitting this because you have an applet client
and so you don't naturally have a JDK 1.1 compiler sitting around, but
since we provide a JDK 1.1 JAR in each beta, even this is only an issue
for someone who wants the latest in CVS for JDK 1.1.  The price the
other way is that we have to remember to use FQCN's in the code which
isn't very natural.

Perhaps adding your cool little script to a FAQ entry would suffice?

-jh-