[jdom-interest] collections

Jason Hunter jhunter at servlets.com
Sat May 25 12:01:48 PDT 2002

> > Hmm, I don't really like the idea of fully qualifying all collections
> > classes in the src when the only gain is that it lets you build for JDK
> > 1.1 under JDK 1.2 or later.  It seems reasonable if you want a custom
> > JDK 1.1 build from CVS you can get such a compiler.
>
> I only added the conversion to FQCN's since that was how the build.xml
> was setup apparently.

Some coders on JDOM (who haven't been active in a while) liked to use
FQCN's on the import statement.

import java.util.List;

So the build was designed to alter those imports.  I prefer wildcard
imports, so over time we don't have FQCN's in the import lines much
anymore, and lots of the replace rules act as no-ops.

> > Perhaps adding your cool little script to a FAQ entry would suffice?
>
> feel free to do that, or integrate it into the build system for 1.1.

OK, I'll add that to the FAQ queue.  FAQQ?