SV: [jdom-interest] Memory problem

Marcus Andersson marcus.andersson at active-tv.com
Thu Oct 17 14:03:02 PDT 2002

Ok, I go check the latest out.

Thanks guys

/Marcus

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: Jason Hunter
Till: Dennis Sosnoski
Kopia: Marcus Andersson; jdom-interest at jdom.org
Skickat: 2002-10-17 22:57
Ämne: Re: [jdom-interest] Memory problem

> I've also seen this with the beta 8 release. I haven't checking into
it
> in detail, but I thought it was discussed earlier and fixed in the
CVS.
> At least, that's what I'm hoping...

Marcus, try the latest in CVS.

> Are there plans for a beta 9 soon?

Would be nice, but I'm absolutely swamped on other activities.  I can't
promise anything.  Volunteers to help pick up slack most welcome.

> Perhaps JDOM should go to a more
> formal approach for this release, with a defined release candidate and
> only bug fixes allowed between the RC and actual beta. If people had a
> couple of days to test the RC it'd help prevent major flaws in the
beta.

I'm a big fan of building release candidates and letting them soak for a
week or so before going beta.  I recall this b8 performance issue
actually snuck in with something we fixed during the soak.  It was a
one-liner, seemed so innocent.  Who knew some JDKs weren't as smart as
others about StringBuffer behaviors?