[jdom-interest] Automatic Character Escaping

Alex Rosen arosen at novell.com
Wed Apr 2 07:01:18 PST 2003

> Always remember, JDOM is not XML. It just happens to be able to hold
the
> same data as XML in a totally different format.

I would say this slightly differently... JDOM is not a textual XML
file, but it is an in-memory representation of an XML document. You're
right that there is a difference between the two, and that is where the
confusion comes from. If a textual XML file has " " then the
in-memory representation has the character whose number is 160, as the
spec requires. (It's going in the other direction where people seem to
get confused.)

Alex