[jdom-interest] Re: [jdom-commits] CVS Update: jdom/src/java/org/jdom

Jason Hunter jhunter at servlets.com
Sat Apr 5 19:32:19 PST 2003

> > Yeah, some people say it's bad form.  I don't believe them.  :-)  I
> > believe you should just import java.io.* and be done with it.
>
> I'm just the opposite, while the compiler doesn't care, I view it as a
> form of documentation,  but I must admit I'm lazy and use the wildcard all
> the time. Jush wish there was a free tool to do it automagically :-)

Yep, unless a tool is doing it for you, I think the time spent managing
the verbose imports is better spent writing English prose
documentation.  :-)  And really, even if a tool is doing it for you, I
think certain core packages like java.io.* and java.util.* should just
be imported wholesale all the time.