[jdom-interest] JDK 1.1

Elliotte Rusty Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Sun Apr 6 13:20:14 PDT 2003

At 1:01 PM -0700 4/6/03, Jason Hunter wrote:

>Well, then they can use the version of JDOM from last week.  It's stable
>enough.  Someone who's willing to use an ancient JDK 1.1 impl for
>development in order to reach the OS 9 crowd won't mind using an old
>JDOM too.  :-)  Or they can tweak JDOM themselves to be JDK 1.1
>compatible, but that'll be tough with Jaxen in the mix.  That's why we
>don't want to do it ourselves anymore.  :)

I would have preferred there to be a release version of JDOM that was
1.1 compatible, and then a future version that added XPath support
and was not 1.1 compatible. Ideally, this would have been posted a
couple of years ago. :-) But I'm not going to argue heavily about
this.

|           Processing XML with Java (Addison-Wesley, 2002)          |
|              http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/xmljava             |
| http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN%3D0201771861/cafeaulaitA  |