[jdom-interest] Toward beta 9

Elliotte Rusty Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Wed Apr 9 09:40:38 PDT 2003

At 11:52 AM -0400 4/9/03, <Vadim.Strizhevsky at morganstanley.com> wrote:

>I'm sure this is too late for beta 9(?), but can the resolution of this
>issue one way or the other be placed for beta9+1 list. Since the original
>discussion  was over a year ago (I guess I missed it), I feel its
>important to put a solution for this. My usecases are really hurting by
>the current overhead of the Verifier.

My sense is that this has been resolved long ago. Correctness is not
negotiable. JDOM will verify. An exception may be made for SAXBuilder
if we can figure out how to do that without opening holes in the
verification system for other, non-parsed cases.

If you have reproducible benchmarks that demonstrate how verification
is hurting you, we'd be interested in seeing them. That might help us
look for optimization opportunities in the Verifier class that do not
affect its fundamental correctness.

|           Processing XML with Java (Addison-Wesley, 2002)          |
|              http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/xmljava             |
| http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN%3D0201771861/cafeaulaitA  |