[jdom-interest] JDK StringBuffer bug fixed

Alex Rosen arosen at novell.com
Mon Apr 21 10:25:43 PDT 2003

Wow, they're getting rid of the memory sharing between Strings and
StringBuffers in 1.5. Very interesting to see if this makes things
better or worse for existing apps. (JDOM won't be affected.)

Alex

>>> Gordon Tyler <gordon.tyler at sitraka.com> 4/21/2003 11:43:11 AM >>>
Hi all,

I thought you might be interested to hear that the JDK StringBuffer bug

has been fixed for mantis-rc which I think will be 1.4.2.

http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/bugParade/bugs/4724129.html

Ciao,
Gordon

--