[jdom-interest] a base class to JDOM element and comment?

Winston Wolff stuff at obsidiancore.nospam.com
Sun Apr 20 23:34:32 PDT 2003

I have just started integrating JDOM into one of my projects and I
really admire it's ease of use.   I don't know when the Beta 9 is
scheduled for public release, so I have one suggestion which I would
like to mention and see if anybody things it would be a useful addition
to the project.

I think it would be useful to have a common base class for the various
JDOM entity objects like Element and Comment in particular.  Perhaps
org.jdom.Entity?

My situation is this:  I have a tree of objects that I am storing as
XML via JDOM.  Each object has a method: Element xmlEncode() with
returns an Element object to represent itself in the XML file.  However
I would like to also allow a comment to be returned in some cases.  For
example, Entity xmlEncode() Where an entity could be either an element
or a comment.  This will allow the java object to mark it's place in
the XML file, but not actually put an element in.

What do people think?

-winston