[jdom-interest] JDOM Beta 9 RC 2

Jason Hunter jhunter at servlets.com
Wed Apr 23 16:52:51 PDT 2003

> Thus compiling using javac 1.2 targets jvm 1.1, just as Rusty
> suggested.

Ah, that explains it.  So we won't have class format problems compiling
with 1.4 because it uses the 1.2 class format unless told otherwise and
from what I can see we don't tell otherwise.

We could have problems as Attila mentions, but I haven't seen any when
testing against 1.2.  I think doing distros with JDK 1.2 makes sense.
It also helps make sure you're not using any post-1.2 method calls.