[jdom-interest] JDOM tree vs. DOM Tree...

Bradley S. Huffman hip at a.cs.okstate.edu
Wed Mar 5 18:50:22 PST 2003

Brian Ales writes:

> I'm wondering how the JDOM tree measures up against the standard DOM tree in
> terms of both performance (speed coming out of the parser) but more important
> ly memory size.

Dennis Sosnoski wrote a article comparing the various models at

     www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-injava

but it's starting to get a bit dated (hmmm, 1yr dated?).  Currently I think
all models are coming pretty close to the same performance and memory
usage (barring any bugs from the JVM implementation :) So pick the one with
the features/philosophy you like.

But if you're looking to process large documents, none of the in-memory models
will work very well and you should look at using SAX or a Pull Parser if
they can fit your needs.

Brad