[jdom-interest] bloated RC2 files - extra white space

Gordon Tyler gordon.tyler at sitraka.com
Mon May 5 09:35:20 PDT 2003

Jason Hunter wrote:
> Hmm, I did set the "pretty" filter to just do text trimming and not text
> normalizing.  I wonder if we should do normalizing instead?  The
> downside is it'll probably be slower, although I have no benchmarks to
> know if it's significant.

One could argue that pretty formatting is for human consumption in debug
modes or where performance is not an issue and "ugly" inline formatting
should be used for situations where performance is important or where
humans will never have to read the output.

Ciao,
Gordon

--
Gordon Tyler (Software Developer)