[jdom-interest] Updates since Beta 9

Jason Hunter jhunter at acm.org
Thu May 22 17:07:23 PDT 2003

There've been a lot of substantial improvements going into the CVS tree
since Beta 9 but not a lot of discussion.  Some of the reason is that
not everyone is on jdom-commits and so you don't always see the changes
as they happen.  I though I'd send out links to some of the more
substantial commit messages over the last month so everyone could see
what's up (and perhaps try things out):

http://lists.denveronline.net/lists/jdom-commits/2003-April/001464.html
http://lists.denveronline.net/lists/jdom-commits/2003-May/001486.html
http://lists.denveronline.net/lists/jdom-commits/2003-May/001492.html
http://lists.denveronline.net/lists/jdom-commits/2003-May/001506.html
http://lists.denveronline.net/lists/jdom-commits/2003-May/001520.html
http://lists.denveronline.net/lists/jdom-commits/2003-May/001535.html
http://lists.denveronline.net/lists/jdom-commits/2003-May/001542.html

Topics include:
* build file improvement
* DocType is now content
* We have an XSLTransformer class
* We have new Format and EscapeStrategy classes for XMLOutputter
* We've altered the PI calls
* We've added Parent/Child interfaces (who said I didn't like
    interfaces?!) with several new features
* Parent has getDescendants(), getDescendants(Filter), getValue(), etc