[jdom-interest] Simplifications in Element

Elliotte Rusty Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Fri May 23 03:30:04 PDT 2003

At 12:17 PM +0200 5/23/03, Mattias J wrote:
>Hi there.
>In our project I have made a sublass of org.jdom.Element to add some methods
>that make the use of JDOM even simpler. Maybe others find the useful too,
>and somebody would like to add them to the Element-class itself instead.

The problem is the Element class is already quite large and complex.
Adding everyone's favorite convenience methods makes it more. Relying
on subclasses as you've done here is a much more sensible approach.
Those who need it can use it. Thoser who don't need it can ignore it.
--

   Elliotte Rusty Harold
   elharo at metalab.unc.edu
   Processing XML with Java (Addison-Wesley, 2002)
   http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/xmljava
   http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN%3D0201771861/cafeaulaitA