[jdom-interest] Fast Factory

Mattias J mattias at expertsystem.se
Sun May 25 23:38:42 PDT 2003

> > I'm glad the java.net APIs remove from me the responsibility
> > of knowing every last detail of IP packet formats. I can
> > rely on the API
> > to do the work for me. Similarly in XML we must not assume
> > the client programmers know as much as we do.
>
> Nor should you assume that the client programmers are idiots
> who don't know what they're doing. If you *do* make this
> assumption, you'll end up
> with an API that's only used by idiots who don't know what
> they're doing.

This could be a discussion of operating systems, with Windows as the idiot
proof alternative. But the truth is, not only idiots use Windows. Some
experienced users use it for reasons of convenience, even thought they
sometimes curse it for not allowing to turn off the idiots mode... (Although
there has been some improvement in that area also)

  Mattias Jiderhamn
  Expert Systems